Becoming a Member
CaPa has given notice of closure and an associate working with Contact will be supporting families in Thurrock to set up a new forum. This will probably be from September 2020.
If you wish to get involved please email email@example.com.
Whilst Thurrock is in this transition period, registration forms will not be accepted
Joining the Steering Group
If you are interested in joining the steering group of the new forum once set up please find below some of the responsibilities of the team:
- Look at local issues and priorities
- Look at national campaigns and projects
- Monitor feedback from parent carers about local services
- Meet with professionals and practitioners about SEND issues
- Arrange open events and meetings to support local issues
- Consider how any grant monies should be spent within the agreed budget
- Manage the grant application and monitoring process
Steering group members are encouraged to represent the forum at various local meetings such as The Disability Partnership Board, Thurrock Autism Strategy Group, Thurrock Transition Strategy Group, Essex People’s Parliament and Family Reference Group, SENCO meetings (nursery, junior and senior) and TARP (Thurrock Access to Resources Panel). Training and support is given to parent carers attending professional meetings.