CaPa Participation Group Thurrock
Financial and expenses remuneration policy and procedure
In line with the powers of the organisation and stated within its constitution, the application of the income should be applied solely towards the aims and objectives of the organisation.
Thurrock Centre for Independent Living (TCIL) will hold the funds of CaPa Participation Group in an appropriate bank account, and two signatories will be used to make any payments online or otherwise. Signatories should not sign for payments to be made to themselves.
Financial controls or other procedures will be applied that govern the management of our finances. Financial controls will help the TCIL Board ensure that:
- Legal and other requirements are met in line with our constitution
- Our funds are safeguarded
- Everyone on our Board understands their roles and responsibilities in relation to finance
- The TCIL Board agrees to maintain financial records and preparing reports.
- The TCIL Board has delegated responsibilities for financial information to the TCIL Accounts Officer.
- The TCIL Accounts Officer will provide financial planning budgets and regular reports as requested by the Chair and Steering Group.
- The TCIL Accounts Officer will be responsible for banking arrangements and paying bills, as well as paying for any work done on behalf of the organisation.
- The Chair and Steering Group of the CaPa Participation Group will be responsible for determining the use of the funds of the organisation in consultation with the TCIL Board and Accounts Officer.
- There is delegated responsibility for the Steering Group Chair and members to agree amounts up to £100 for the purchase of goods and services without the prior agreement of the TCIL Accounts Officer.
- The TCIL Accounts Officer will give the Group a petty cash float of £100 for the purpose of paying expenses and goods and services without prior agreement and this will remain in the hands and responsibility of the Chair and Steering Group members. This will be maintained at £100 by the TCIL Accounts Officer when invoices and receipts are submitted for monies already paid out.
- The Chair and members of the Steering Group of the CaPa Participation Group will be responsible for purchasing goods and services. Invoices and receipts must be provided to the TCIL Accounts Officer as appropriate and in reasonable time.
- The Steering group will hold an asset register that documents any goods over the cost of £100 that have been purchased on behalf of the Forum, which includes details of the make, model, cost, and who is “holding” or using the equipment.
- Expense and remuneration forms shall be accompanied by a copy of notes of meeting of whatever task has been performed on behalf of the organisation.
- Regular quarterly meetings should be held between Treasurer and Chair to sign off expenditure.
- Steering group members can request for any claim to be paid in vouchers (however a voucher may also be considered as “income” for purposes of benefits of income tax)
- Anyone making a claim is responsible for their own tax and insurance position, and is responsible for checking how any payment, either cash or voucher, may impact on their benefits, and/or tax.
- Steering Group members are entitled to claim mileage at 40p per mile when attending steering group meetings, open events and other meetings on behalf of CaPa Participation Group as directed by the Chair, and also other travel expenses such as bus and train fares with receipts.
- Parents and carers attending open events are entitled to claim mileage at 40p per mile, and other travel expenses such as bus and train fares with receipts.
- Steering group members and parents and carers attending all CaPa Participation Group events are entitled to claim any childcare expenses up to a maximum of £25 per half day and £40 per full day. All claims should be accompanied by receipts or invoices as appropriate. Any invoices direct from childcare providers will be paid by the TCIL Accounts Officer.
Agreed by the Chair and Steering Group members June 2015 and reviewed April 2016
This policy will be reviewed April 2017